- TheLadders.com - this is a career search oriented site that is specialized by field, so there is a marketing specific Ladders that I've been using for some time now. You can either pay a fee for full access or use the free version which provides limited functionality for job search and applications, but access to articles. The content on the Ladders is kept fresh and relevant, and is well indexed and categorized.
- LinkedIn.com - Most people are already hooked in here, which make it that much more effective; network, search listings, re-connect with former colleagues, classmates, and business acquaintances for professional purposes. Overall, a great resource for professional productivity.
- Your Next Job - a book sponsored by Yahoo Hot Jobs that provides some helpful advice for career changes and moves.
- About.com: Career Planning - well categorized blog-type info source that spans multiple topics from career planning, transitions, self-assessments, interviewing, resumes, etc.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Some Helpful Resources
Over the course of the last year or two, I've come across several resources that have helped me in my exploration of new opportunities. I will update this post over time as I continue to find new ones, but for now, here is my directory:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Another good place to look at is industry specific channels. Almost every professional field has an "official organization" with a website and job listings. I found my new job by clicking on a Paid Search ad. How appropriate, eh?
Post a Comment