Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Now what?
I find myself at turning point in my life, where I'm faced with unprecedented circumstances and lots of uncertainty. I need to find a new job, actually more like a new career. My company was gobbled up in the space of a few hours, and the acquirer will eventually be shedding all redundant talent.
All of my experience has been in financial services, an industry in turmoil, undergoing rapid consolidation and downsizing. This is OK though, as I want nothing more than to do something new, completely outside of banking, finance, credit, or anything that whiffs of moving money around. So, I ask myself, now what?
How do I transform myself? How do I transfer my skills to another industry or business model? What resources should I use? Who can help me through these uncharted waters?
I am going to dedicate this space to art of career transformations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Brian,
I think a lot of people are in your shoes--rethinking what they really want to do...what it means to have a "job" and what it means to have a "career"..wondering what's next. Good luck! Eager to find out what you discover!
Sounds like there will be intriguing postings ahead. I'll be sure to stay tuned. Wanted to wish you good luck in the endeavors you take on next.
Post a Comment