Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Nice Surprise

This morning I heard back from someone I'd been interviewing with a month or so ago. I had gotten SO close to an offer, at least that's what they'd led me to believe, but then had to put it on hold due to a hiring freeze. I did not doubt this as he had gained my trust by this point, and I did, in fact see that they were letting people go in the news. This prompted me to send him an email. The email served 2 purposes:

  1. Let him know that I cared about his team and job security
  2. Put my name back in his head just in case he had forgotten about me temporarily
I sent this email about 2 weeks ago, and after several days of no response, got concerned that he was either let go or was in some way annoyed by my email. I got over it, but was a bit let down as this would be a GREAT opportunity.

This morning I saw a response in my Inbox, which surprised me in a good way. He gave me very encouraging news about the group he was trying to hire me into, and told me that he was optimistic about the prospects of getting me on board over the next few months. So, while certainly not a commitment, it was encouraging and made me feel good. I like that.

Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!!

2 comments:

Margo Polo said...

Congrats. I hope everything works out for the best!

Kate said...

sweet! good job being proactive :)